Buy Grief, Loss & Bereavement in Hispanic Clients: Culturally-Informed Tools & Strategies to Promote Healing & Hope after Loss – Ligia M Houben - Course at esyGB. You will have immediate access to the digital downloads in your account or your order email.
The Hispanic population is now the largest ethnic minority group within the United States, and now, more than ever, this steadily growing population is seeking out the help of mental health professionals. The unfortunate truth is that most clinicians don’t know enough about Hispanic culture—and variations within it—to effectively treat these clients, especially with issues related to death, dying and bereavement.
In this recording, Ligia M. Houben, MA, FT, FAAGC, CPC, author of Counseling Hispanics Through Loss, Grief, and Bereavement: A Guide for Mental Health Professionals, will share valuable information on how to help Hispanic people heal after loss.
Ligia will present losses that this population has experienced as a culture and walk you through tools you can use to address grief and loss with your clients. Far from focusing on death-related loss, this seminar includes other losses not currently acknowledged by professionals working with Hispanic people living in the United States.
You’ll gain new insight into the unique cultural and generational needs of Hispanic immigrants, and you’ll have the skills you need to identify the physical, emotional, social and spiritual manifestations of grief in this growing population. You’ll finish this program with new tools that you can use to address the multiple losses experienced by what is now the largest ethnic minority group in the United States.
- Explain the multiple losses Hispanic people experience as immigrants and how they may impact expressions of grief.
- Distinguish different subgroups of Hispanic people and compare differences in how they cope with grief.
- Utilize strategies, such as techniques for meaning reconstruction, to promote client healing after loss.
Sociocultural Aspects that Impact Loss for Hispanic People
- Special issues to consider
- Loss of cultural identity
- Religion as a source of comfort
- Suicide among Hispanic people
Unique Considerations for Grief & Loss
- Multiple losses unique to Hispanic culture
- Differences in loss for individuals within a family
- Traumatic loss
- Post-traumatic growth after loss
- Assessing loss within immigrant populations
Variations in Bereavement Across Hispanic Culture
- How subgroups may experience loss differently
- Grief expressions by country of origin
- Variations in funeral traditions
- How to integrate different spiritual practices
- The role of emotions in loss
Strategies to Promote Healing After Loss
- The 11 Principles of Transformation®
- The Body–Mind–Spirit Perspective
- Techniques for meaning reconstruction
- Bereavement support groups
Get Grief, Loss & Bereavement in Hispanic Clients: Culturally-Informed Tools…- Ligia M Houben, Only Price $51
Tag: Grief, Loss & Bereavement in Hispanic Clients: Culturally-Informed Tools…- Ligia M Houben Review. Grief, Loss & Bereavement in Hispanic Clients: Culturally-Informed Tools…- Ligia M Houben download. Grief, Loss & Bereavement in Hispanic Clients: Culturally-Informed Tools…- Ligia M Houben discount.
Buy the Grief, Loss & Bereavement in Hispanic Clients: Culturally-Informed Tools & Strategies to Promote Healing & Hope after Loss – Ligia M Houben - course at the best price at EsyGB. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.